Saturday 4 June 2011

MLBB - My El Cheapo Way

MLBB stands for My Lips But Better. It essentially describes a natural looking, “nude” look for your lips that highlights its natural coloring while giving it a bit of color.

What you want is a natural looking lip color that will suit your complexion.

Popular MLBB lipsticks are MAC’s Hug Me,/ Blankety, Bare Escentual’s Gingersnap, and Clinique Black Honey but these are pretty pricey brands that are really expensive in Seoul.

Truth is, it's more of a trial and error thing to find an MLBB shade that’s a right mix of beige and pink. So far, I am quite happy with my own MLBB look. I call it the El Cheapo MLBB because well, though I use two items to get this lip look, both items are pretty inexpensive, the two items totalling less than 500 pesos.

What I use to get my MLBB look:



Samsung Lava Lipstick in 77 (Nude Beige) + Tony Moly Berry Berry Magic Lip Tint in Strawberry.

The Lava lipstick is really pure beige but it is offset by the pinkish tones of the Berry Tint.
Bonus point for this tandem: An application of the Lava Lipstick + Magic Lip Tint lasts about four hours of full color and the color will not totally be erased even if you forget to touch up ☺


What about you, what's your fave My Lips But Better lippies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!