Saturday 3 September 2011

The Oz Files #1: Sweet Buys!

I'm back from my blissful vacation! Refreshed and looking forward to work ( so I could save up for another vacation!)

I was in Australia for a week, spending half the time in Melbourne and the rest at my cousin's place at the countryside in Victoria. It was a nice thing really, I was on my own and totally independent while in Melbourne, and was spoiled rotten and super taken care of by my Ate while I was staying in Victoria.

I got the best of both worlds! Melbourne is, well, wonderful. It is, to my mind, very much like London (where I lived for a bit), only safer. Which is to say that I loved it. Where I live, I stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of Koreans. Here, I walked in a sea of different races -- Asians, Whites, Blacks speaking different dialects. It was sooo like London except here I could roam the streets of Melbourne until 10 PM on my own without fear, whereas in London, I would have never attempted it on my own at such late hours.

There are a lot of Oz-related entries coming up soon!! Went wine-tasting, cheese-tasting, visited artisanal bakeshops,ate my fill of pies, went gaga over a market, met up with a college friend plus some other more personal entries. I will make my way through all these soon. But I am a bit lazy today haha, so instead, I'll subject you to a bit of sugar voyeurism. Here are some of the sweets I brought home with me: Enjoy!


Mars Choco Pods in Cherry Bites and Mars fillings
. I liked the Cherry Pods!

Cadbury Snack Packs in Flake ( flakey choco bars), Crunchie (honeycomb nubs encased in choc), Freddo (chocolate frog with mint center), and Twirl (Chocolate Swirly bar)


The old staples: Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, Nestle Violet Crumble



Cadbury Chocolate Big Blocks: Crunchie (with Honeycombe bits), Old Jamaica Rum & Raisins (Dark Chocolate with Raisin and Almonds and Rum),Bar of Plenty Berry Fruit and Vanilla Shortcake, Dairy Milk Macadamia, Bubbly White (milk choc with aerated white chocolates), Rocky Road, Bar of Plenty (Roast Hazelnut and Honey Roast Cashews), Dairy Milk Top Deck, Black Forest




Handmade, artisanal chocs from Beechworth Sweet Co. : Pineapple Lumps, Chocolate Honeycomb Slabs, Rum and Raisin Fudge, Chocolate Covered Jelly Babies



My gluten-free chocolate snacks (for my own indulgence! Most of the chocs I bought are for my sugar-lovin' family): Leda Chocalence choco covered cookies, D'Lush Mint Choc Cookies, D'Lush Double Choc Cookies, Carman's Gluten-free Muesli Bars



Green and Black's Organic Chocolate Bars in Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate. This was my favorite choc brand in UK back when I worked there so I just had to buy a couple of bars for rekindle my sweet love affair with this brand.




Cadbury Cherry Ripe: next to Freddo, this is my favorite Cadbury chocolate. it's milk chocolate with a cherry and coconut flavored centre.



Starburst Candies for the kids: Smoothie, Bananas & Cream flavours



A whole lot of TimTams: Dark, Double Coat, White, Dark Rum & Raisin, Original



Arnott's biscuits: Kingston choco-centered, Mint Slice, Choco-topped Butternut Snaps



Fine European Chocs: Godiva 31% Milk Chocolate Bar, Lindt Mint Intense, Lindt Blueberry Intense, Lindt Orange, Valrhona Chocolate Crus Tasting Sets




The most expensive chocolate box in the batch: Valrhona Degustation Grands Crus Chocolate Collection for my foodie brother.




Life is sweet!







6 comments:

  1. What a mouth-watering entry :)) And may Violet Crumble pa pala! Thought they were phased out na :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay, i envy you! sana lahat ng variants ng cadbury meron dito sa pinas. life is really so sweet.. sarap talaga ng choc's cant live without it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love these!! :D there's top deck-- my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over the chocolates! :))


    http://mysophisticatedswag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!