Sunday 6 January 2013

My Rebajas Buys from H&M


The first week of January on the eve of the Day of Epiphany signals the Rebajas season (S-A-L-E) in Spain.

Yesterday, I went to Madrid city center to buy a pair of cross trainers/rubber shoes. I have gained weight and felt my clothes go tighter on me after just two weeks of living in Madrid. I know I have to do something to combat the weight gain.

So anyway, at Puerta del Sol, the red rebajas signs were up: Rebajas = Sale!
Mango had 50% off on most of their items. Springfield had 10 € pants. Pimkie, Sfera, Desigual and most highstreet brands were on Sale except the Inditex brands . Yes, its weird, but Zara, Pull&Bear, Bershka and Stradivarius, all owned by Inditex, were not on sale. Sad.

After checking out the other shops, I ended up buying my Rebajas stash at H&M.




Here's what I bought:

Blue Cardigan: 7€
Green Skull Shirt: 7.95€ (Regular Price, I just loved the print!)

Skinny Jeans: 10€ each

And my favorite buy from this batch, Black and White Striped Dress: 7€

Me and my favorite buy haha, pardon the excess curves haha!


So after blowing close to 50€ for my H&M purchases, I stopped looking around and hied myself off to Spain's mega department store, El Corte Ingles to buy myself the much-needed trainers. I already checked the prices of the trainers at the El Corte site so I knew which shoes were on sale. I was planning to get the Reebok easytone Awaken shoes(at 50% off!) but when I tried it and the Adidas trainers at the shops, I liked the Adidas trainers more (at 30% off). So this is what I got:

Adidas Arianna II Trainers for €64.00( Discounted from 93€):
Yes, it is a bit expensive, but they were on sale haha! And I only buy trainers/rubber shoes once in a few years, so I'd rather splurge a bit on a pair I am comfortable with since I will be using them for a loooong time. I got the black ones so they're not too conspicuous, and so I can use them once in awhile at the office on Fridays.

UP NEXT: A trip to a big Factory Outlet (Mango, Benetton, plus other brands) on the outskirts of Madrid next week. Will let you know what I find in those shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!