Sunday 1 June 2014

Weekend Sweets: Knoppers Hazelnut Wafers from Germany

I love Saturdays!  A day free from work, from waking up at five, and a day free from my normal diet restrictions. Saturday is truly my cheat day!

The past two Saturdays, I´ve been  snacking on a delicious chocolate covered hazelnut wafer  from Germany called Knoppers.

A Pack of Knoppers.  There are 5 individually wrapped wafers to a pack but I have already eaten one :D  It sells for 1.50€  per pack in Madrid.


Let´s deconstruct a Knoppers Wafer Sandwich:

Crunchy + Crisp + Chocolatey!




The wafer´s layers:  vanilla wafer, a thick hazelnut creme, another wafer layer,  vanilla creme, a thick chocolate layer, chocolate wafer, and a chocolate covering



The other side of the wafer is chocolate covered!


I can eat a pack of Knoppers  in  a span of a few hours!  But I keep it at  a pack of five per weekend.  It is really addicting!  Chocolate? Check.  Vanilla? Check!  Thick Hazelnut Creme? Check! Crispy? Check.  What came to mind the first  time I ate a Knoppers sandwich is that it was like Ferrero Rocher in wafer form.   And that´s weird because I have never liked Ferrero Rocher,  but  I love Knoppers!   Maybe because unlike the Ferrero balls,  Knoppers is not that sweet.


So do I love Knoppers?  Yes!   It is the perfect, chocolatey, hazelnutty, crispy sweet indulgence  that  adds sweetness to my lazy saturdays. 






1 comment:

  1. If you wish to get rid of acne marks, you must choose the appropriate medication. And you can only get rid of acne with the correct medication. If you're looking for the right acne scar treatment, though, you can go to Acne Scar Center. Best acne scar removal

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!