Friday 16 September 2011

Small Luxuries: Little Splurges for a Happier Me

"It's a basic human trait to have indulgences in one's life, things that reinforce your identity and keep you moving forward."

Times are tough. We have to be careful with our spending and allot enough money for our savings. Something we can turn to when financial shit happens. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Being on my own and living alone, I do try to save. I save up for the rainy days, for my travels, so I can have funds to grow my little business and for some other plans yet to be disclosed. However, there are days when I need a pick-me-upper. Once in a while, I do indulge in little splurges that are not part of my daily budget (i.e. what in ordinary days would be too expensive for me to buy) just because I want to feel pampered, and well, remember that I am worth it.

The quote above sums up why we go about having small indulgences, don’t you think? We want to be reminded that we deserve the small, good things in life ☺

FINE CHOCOLATES


Green & Black’s Organic White and 70% Dark Chocolate, Lindt Excellence Blueberry Intense and Orange Intense Dark Chocolate Bars, Valhrona Crus Chocolate Tasting Bars

While I am a sucker for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Snickers and Ghana Bars, when I can I keep a stash of premium chocs to buoy me over extra-stressful days. Gourmet Chocolates + a good movie at home = a perfect lazy afternoon.


FRAGRANCES

My recent buy: Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Fresh Fig
Spell Dutyfree and perfumes are what comes to mind immediately. Ever the bargain hunter, I scour the Dutyfree Shops on my trips abroad for nice deals on fragrances. I recently bought this yummy, sweet scent for $45 dollars, down from $65 . It is sweet, vanilla-y but not off-putting as most candy flavored scents are.


BOOKS ON COOKING AND DESIGN

What is Branding?Essential Design Handbook, The Culinary Institute of America’s Baking & Pastry

Because these books fuel my interest in cooking and product design, they are balms to the aspiring kitchen goddess in me.


FINE FOOD FINDS
Chevre Cheese, Hummus, Horseradish Dip, Pesto, Delimondo Corned Beef
Yummy finds I picked from here and there.


BEAUTY SPLURGES
It could be a new powder, a new skincare item or something as simple and pretty as this:



What about you? What are your small indulgences? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!